At the start of every year most people put together a wish list of good intentions to see them through the year. As a business we are no different and this year we are reflecting on our intentions from 2018 which resulted in us supporting the Practice Sales Promise along with other leading dental sales agents. Whilst none of our good intentions are new to us this year, they are now firmly fixed as part of our framework of service and are how we believe a specialist dental agent should practice.
So, why is it so important for a non-regulated sector to want to work to such guidelines?
Because our clients are the most important part of our world and ensuring we can fulfil our clients wishes in an ethical way with integrity is vital to us.
There are guidelines for property surveyors (the infamous Red Book) and the NAEA for residential estate agents, but nothing that bridges the gap to commercial sales agents. If you are thinking about selling your practice this year bear in mind the practice sales promise as it provides you with the framework of what you should expect from a dental sales agent.
The 15 points of the Promise are:
- We respect and observe the highest levels of integrity, and respect confidentiality.
- We will always agree terms and conditions prior to engaging in any formal work.
- We have no hidden fees and our fee structure will be clearly explained at the outset with complete transparency on who is liable for fees with any financial bias declared.
- We fully comply with the Information Commissioners Office for Data Protection.
- We deposit all money held on behalf of clients in a separate designated account.
- We will treat all clients with dignity and respect at all times.
- We allow easy access to the Directors should it be necessary to complain about any aspects of our service.
- We will never put ourselves above the needs of our clients.
- We maintain an adequate number of technically competent and client focussed personnel thereby ensuring our high standards of service.
- We will immediately declare any foreseeable financial bias or conflict of interest.
- We will disclose any new material information impacting on a transaction at the earliest opportunity.
- We ensure all client information is securely disposed of using a reputable shredding company who issue a certificate of safe destruction.
- We will explain what we expect from you.
- We will carry out our work in a timely manner.
- We will respond promptly to your enquiries.
We absolutely expect to keep our new year’s resolution and I wish you all the best with your own.